20111024

More English

My wife and I were also able to make it out to see Johnny English, Reborn on Friday night. I wasn't too sure what to expect, beyond it being a spying-related farce, since all I knew was the title and that it starred Rowan Atkinson.

I never did see Bean, but I had an idea about the type of humor from Atkinson's scene-stealing cameos in Four Weddings and a Funeral and Love, Actually.

And this one definitely lived up to that. It was beautifully absurd, with Johnny continuing to succeed, despite himself. There were scenes (particularly the conference table with the prime minister, where a single sight gag was worked harder than a two-dollar whore to magnificent effect) where I just could not stop laughing.

If you like farce, this movie brings it, in spades.

No comments:

Post a Comment