20150225

Exploding Kittens?

I haven't posted anything about it, but a friend pointed me at the kickstarter for Exploding Kittens a week or two ago.  Seeing The Oatmeal's Matt Inman involved, I immediately plunked down my money for two decks (I plan to enjoy, but not show my kids, the NSFW one).  I don't read The Oatmeal very often, but I should, because I always enjoy it.

What amazed me was how much they managed to pull in.  They decided that they had so much extra money that they threw pizza parties for a lot of animal shelters around the country.  Totally awesome.

And they ended up with fancier boxes than originally planned, and some additional cards.  Cool for us.

But they somehow raised almost nine million dollars.  For a card game that wasn't made yet.  Blows my mind.  And over 200k people put money down.  Again, head explosion.

And to get those nicer boxes and extra cards, they got people to do some pretty weird things (pictures of taco cats (in many different interpretations) or of ten batmans in a hot tub).  Again, totally awesome.

And speaking of awesomeness, here's a semi-related video.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment