20100607

iPhony?

Was stuck in a training class today. The class wasn't too bad, although only marginally useful for what I do. But because of it, I couldn't keep track of what was going on in the world around me. Generally not too big a deal, but I didn't hear about the new iPhone until a few minutes ago.

I've actually been holding off on getting an iPhone for several years now, because I don't want AT&T as a service provider. Mostly, because they've been much too enthusiastic in selling out their users to illegal government surveillance. Does it really matter? Probably not, but it's enough reason for me to avoid one of the coolest toys out there.

In any event, I looked at the video at Apple's web site, and I don't think I had the reaction for which they were hoping. I looked, and said, "Damn, I want an iPad with those enhancements!"

Man, that looks like a sweet phone (although I really wish it had 128GB flash; my music collection is up to 87GB. I'd really like to not have to manage syncing myself). C'mon, Apple, set them both free. Me want.

No comments:

Post a Comment