20110928

I am probably too optimistic

I wrote this about Obama's statements for progressive policy a couple of weeks ago. It was making me feel a bit encouraged, but I was reminded a couple of days ago that I probably shouldn't.

I can't find the article now (I'm pretty sure it was from Greenwald), but it was pointing out that this is almost certainly all campaign posturing, with nothing of substance to follow. Unfortunately, it does make complete sense, and wouldn't surprise me. As a Senator, Obama was a moderate Democrat. As a President, he's a moderate Republican. I guess that's better than a radical Republican, which is the only kind I can see emerging from the Republican primary, but it's certainly tough to get excited about.

I'll still get out and vote, but it won't be something to which I'm looking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment