20120308

More towering advice

I forgot a couple of things I meant to mention last time.

The biggest one is another case of when it probably makes sense to use bux to hurry things along. That case is before going away from the machine for quite a while (especially going to sleep). That's one time when it makes sense to use bux to quick-sell the items that take a long time to restock (basically, anything over four hours or so), if there aren't a whole lot left (say, less than 2k).

One thing I think is useful is to get floors, where possible, in sync, so they restock at the same rates and times.

Also, I forgot to talk about the elevator. Upgrade that as fast as you can; it's unbelievable how much difference that makes (especially going to the speediest one; that one made me laugh for a while, because it was so fast).

I've also seen the suggestion that you repeatedly delete a store to get the one store you want. I can't help but think this is a total waste of time. Every floor you build takes half an hour longer than the one before. When you re-build, it still takes a half hour longer than the time before.

Finally, except, perhaps, at the very beginning of the game, I wouldn't bother stocking the 1c items on any floor, unless it'll completely stock that floor. The profit margin just isn't worth it. The only thing that makes it ever worthwhile is the bonus for fully stocking the floor (especially when the bonus is a bux).

Finally, as near as I can tell, skill level makes no difference for dream jobbers. I mentioned earlier that my Architect Floor was taking 13h20m to produce the 3c item (building plan?) with a 25% discount. But that's the nominal time, so there was no discount. I was even able to find a couple more 9s to put in there. Still 13h20m. So I think the discounting isn't happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment