20130420

Senselessness in Beantown

I don't know that I have much to say about what happened in Boston, but I did want to comment on it a little bit.

I had heard, the morning it happened, the things they were doing for the marathon to honor the victims from Newtown.  So my first thought when I heard about the explosions was that it was some gun nuts in some sort of senseless protest.

I was very happy to be wrong about that.

But I'm not sure I understand what did happen any better.  I'm very glad they got the younger brother alive; I hope he sheds some light on why they did this.

But I really don't understand why a couple of Chechens would do anything like this.  I mean, if they were attacking something Russian, it would make a little more sense to me.  But this?  No comprehension at all.

I hope the motive comes out; however it happens.  Just so senseless; my heart goes out to the families affected (especially that of the boy who was killed, and whose mother and sister were also badly injured.  I literally can't imagine how they're coping).

No comments:

Post a Comment