20150108

A bit of charity

I found out my work is sponsoring the 2015 American Diabetes Assn Tour de Cure, and decided to combine my love of riding with a bit of charity, and signed up for the June 7th ride in this area (Northern Virginia).  I need to find the course, but it'll be a 108-mile ride along (major?) roads.

I'm looking forward to it.

Anyway, the great news is that my company will be matching donations if I meet the $500 minimum (if I meet it, all donations will be matched, not just those over $500), so if you'd like to help the American Diabetes Association's mission of community-based education and research funding, please go to my page and donate generously.

As someone who feels that large corporations are generally not doing their part to support other people, I would love to make them pay.  And, of course, all donations are tax deductible.

Also, I should point out that, as Americans' waist lines are expanding (note that no state in that picture is under 20% of self-reported obesity.  Not just being overweight, but actually obese), diabetes is likely to become a major, major problem in the not-too-distant future.  So anything we can do about it now will be a great help.

Thank you for your support.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment