20110123

It's Packers and Steelers

As you can see, by the fact that I haven't blogged about football yet this season, I didn't watch a whole lot of football this year. Probably not a single game, from beginning to end. But I have watched the last two weeks.

Incidentally, a friend has been telling me for quite a while that watching football on the DVR is great. Hitting 30-second skip ahead right after one play usually gets right to the beginning of the next play. So if you wait until the game is nearly over to start, you can watch an entire game in about an hour (my friend tells me he can get through one in about forty minutes, but I haven't managed to be that efficient yet). But that's what I've done to watch the games, and it's awesome. It's really amazing how much dead time there is in the middle of a game.

Anyway, to get to the point, Rodgers did not look as good this week as he has in prior playoff games (well, not after the first couple of drives), but he was still good enough. I figured the Packers offense was better than that of the Bears, but I still thought it'd be closer. I guess the Packers defense, despite how good it looked last week, was even better than I thought it was.

In the late game, the Steelers really put the pedal to the metal in the first half, jumping out to a twenty-four point lead, and did just well enough in the second half to hold on for the victory.

The touchdown that provided the final margin, in particular, was a thing of beauty. Roethlisberger rolled out, and looked for a little flare out in the flat, but when the defender went out to cover that, he pulled it in and ran for the TD. I wonder if that was designed as an option play. Either way, it was nice.

So we've got two well-rounded teams in the Super Bowl, but we'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see who wins it. I'll need to see if there's some way I can get it in 3D, when the time comes.

As a side note, we had a number of friends over, and several of the people who were seeing the 3D for the first time were really blown away by it. I still think it's a bit overpriced, but I guess it's quite cool to see for the first time. Now I just need to get some more source material.

Getting back to the upcoming game, it should be a good one. No question that the Black and Gold, with their experience, will show up. Hopefully, the Green and Gold won't get distracted by all the hoopla, and will also show up. I don't really have a preference for either team, so I'm just going to hope for a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment