20101027

Neuvy gets Shutout

The Caps looked great, tonight. They were leading in the first, when I finally remembered what time the game started (I think I conflated the time with the World Series start time), and continued to play hard.

They did have some defensive breakdowns, but each time, Neuvy was there to slam the door shut. Seriously, there were some amazing saves in there. And that one reviewed non-goal? I suspect the puck did go in, but it didn't look like there was any angle where it would be possible to tell.

The PK looked very good, the PP was generating chances (although not shooting as often as they should), and they even dominated the face-off dot. And Backstrom had a very nice game, with the pair of third-period goals.

I'm not sure what the team should do when MarJo is feeling better; Perrault again looked very good, working well with Semin and Laich. I guess the plus on that is that there is no really wrong decision. Actually, I think the best option is to trade someone so that Flash can go back to the wing somewhere (if he isn't the one traded; that would actually be my preference) and MarJo and MattyP take the second and third center positions.

But that's a question for another day. For now, let's just admire His Wall-ness' performance in the first of what we hope will be many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment