20110602

Groupon-think

I just thought this was an interesting note about Groupon. The reason I think it's interesting is that they already turned down a $6B purchase offer from Google.

Granted, I didn't understand that non-deal on any level. It didn't seem to make much sense for Google, especially at that price, and I couldn't understand why the owners of Groupon wouldn't jump on that price.

This IPO makes that even more questionable. If they think the company is worth so much money, why aren't they looking for a bigger IPO? Are they just selling 10% or so of the company? If so, why not more?

Sorry, no answers here; I just thought the questions were interesting.

Update: Here's some more info about the IPO. Short answer: stay far away, if you were thinking of investing.

No comments:

Post a Comment