20110626

Women's World Cup Beginnen

The Women's World Cup kicked off this morning (9am local time) in Germany. I watched half of each of the games (the second half of France/Nigeria and the first of Germany/Canada). I have to say, I was not impressed with the quality of play overall in either game.

The midfield play, in particular, was just not very good for any of the four teams. There were way too many turnovers (especially considering how many of them were just not kicked close to their target).

It has been a while since I last watched the Women's World Cup (I missed both of Germany's victories, I believe), but I don't remember that being the case when I last viewed it. Have I just gotten better at noticing that sort of thing, or has the quality of play decreased?

No comments:

Post a Comment