20140303

Workplace irony

I took this picture a while ago; we were meeting some friends to see a Wizards game downtown.  But I saw this building, and couldn't resist taking a picture.  If the text isn't legible, it says "The International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers".  I wonder who voted for a headquarters that was all steel and glass for a bricklayers' union.  It's pretty, but that's seriously ironic.  Maybe it was a hipster move?

It reminds me of a couple of later verses of "London Bridge is Falling Down":
Build it up with brick and mortar,
brick and mortar, brick and mortar.
Build it up with brick and mortar, my fair lady.

Brick and mortar will not stay...

Build it up with iron and steel...

Hmm... no mention of glass in that song, now that I think about it (at least not in the 10-12 verses that I know).

No comments:

Post a Comment