20140201

A113

I realize it probably hasn't terribly much come across, but I've always been a big fan of animation.  Especially japanese (and doubly-especially Ghibli), but really all sorts.

Pink panther?  Looney Toons?  Tiny Toons?  Animaniacs?  Aardman?  Ghiblies?  Ok, that's actually one of the few Ghibli pieces I haven't seen.  Pixar?  Blue Sky?  Dreamworks?  Yeah, I've watched, and liked, all of those (ok, very few of Pink Panther.  But Pink Plasma is awesome.)

So I was pretty excited today, to run across this animation site, which covers all of the above.  Well, all the new stuff, anyway.  I don't know a whole lot about it, and I'm not sure I really want to know much about stuff that isn't out yet, but it looks very cool.

And I was a bit disappointed that I had no idea why the name was A113.  That was neat, and impressive both in how many examples they found of that in movies (and how wide a range of types of animation over which it was found) and in how assiduously they must have searched to find some of those examples.

I'm very much looking forward to reading it in the future, however.  Now, if I could just get my podcast app to find their podcast...

No comments:

Post a Comment