20140218

Wovel followup

I talked about getting a Snow Wovel a while back, when faced with our first winter at this house.  And the early returns were good.

Anyway, we've had a ton of snow lately, which had me thinking about this gadget.  The extended returns are not quite as good, but still very good.

Basically, the one weakness is that the leading edge of the shovel is very thin, and, consequently, wears pretty quickly.  They do sell something to reinforce that edge (look for Snap-On Wear Strip), and I was too cheap to try it.  Well, get it.  If you buy a replacement shovel, get the wear strip for the replacement, too.

Other than that, it's been fantastic.  It still took quite a while (I didn't check, but I'd guess a couple of hours), but even the 12-16 inches we had a week or so ago wasn't too difficult to shovel.  And I didn't have any back issues (I've had various concerns about that for many years).

So, I'm a little cheesed off that the wear strip isn't included, but that's the only bad thing I have to say about the wovel, overall.  It's done a great job for us for a couple of years already, and I expect it to continue to do so for many more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment