20141015

A truer wheel

One side note I forgot about with my accident.  A week or so before the accident, I'd noticed that my rear wheel was a bit out of true, and debated what to do about it.  I ended up getting a Wheel Truing Stand that hooks into my repair stand (made me glad I paid the extra for the PCS-10 instead of the PCS-9; I debated that for quite a while.  The wheel stand doesn't mount on the -9).

I was a little annoyed that the "race quality" Mavic Ksyrium Equipe S wheels went out of true in less than 1k miles, but it didn't seem like a big deal to correct.

I also, of course, needed a spoke wrench for the task.

The tools arrived Friday, I think, and Saturday night I decided to give it a go.  I'm sure it took me considerably longer than it would take someone with experience, but it was pretty simple to get it very true.

And then, of course, it was Sunday morning that the wheel got tacoed.  Ugh.

I won't say it was enough for me to feel up to doing my own wheel assembly, but I did feel quite good about the truing.

No comments:

Post a Comment