20110403

Snarled

I ordered Tangled a while ago; we had planned to try taking our daughter to see it when it came out, but it never happened. So I was looking forward to it arriving last Tuesday, but we still didn't watch it until yesterday.

I really don't have a lot to say about it. The story type is about what you'd expect from Disney; though the Lasseter influence was pretty obvious as well. And there were no real surprises in the whole story (except the third musical number, which kind of came out of nowhere and didn't really make a whole lot of sense even after the fact. But it was still fun), except for Flynn's lack of concussions.

And yet, my daughter and I still enjoyed it quite a bit. I'll certainly watch it again sometime.

The only negative for me, I think, was that the witch's comments to Rapunzel were so cruel, and yet didn't hardly get a reaction out of her. I'm not sure that I should expect a reaction, given their relationship at that point, but it really bugs me that there wasn't one.

Well, and one other thing about it is that I haven't read the original (or, if I have, it's been too many years, and I don't remember anything more than the broadest of outlines of it), so I can't really compare it to that. If I had to guess, though, I would expect that there were very large liberties taken with the story.

Still, it was very well done. Oh, and I haven't watched it in 3D yet. We'll have to see if that makes any difference. Now that I think about it, I don't think it will, except maybe in the lantern scene. I would expect that scene to look really wild in 3D (it already looked mighty cool to begin with).

No comments:

Post a Comment