20111201

Admirable You

We wanted to take our daughter to see Despicable Me when it was in the theaters last year. I think that it's a good thing we didn't, but I wish we had seen the movie.

I finally watched it a couple of nights ago, and I've got to say that I was impressed. It was absolutely hilarious.

The minions were cute, but also kept me laughing constantly. I was dying when they were updating Gru's records for the orphanage as he was being interviewed. And the one being used as a glow-stick? Classic.

Having "The Bank of Evil (formerly Lehmann Brothers)" was also hysterical. Bringing a bit of nepotism into it was also a nice touch.

And Gru's interactions with the girls were very well done. Believable, and showed real progression. It wasn't like flipping a switch. As I said, very well done.

The music was also pretty good; I particularly liked the "Despicable Me" song that came on when Gru was introduced.

Oh, and the acting was excellent. I'm not a big fan of him, but Steve Carell was perfect as Gru, and Russell Brand was also very good as his sidekick. Actually, nobody was less than good in it.

Hmm... I need to look up the studio (it was published by Universal, but it seemed that most of the crew was French (or Canadian), so I'm thinking it was actually created by a smaller group acting under Universal's umbrella), and see if they've done anything before. Regardless, I'll need to be on the lookout for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment