20130602

Neat photographic toys

I'll start this out by saying I don't have any of the tools I'm going to mention here.  I was looking at some focus-stacking software, and saw a reference to cognisys' StackShot.  It's interesting, and I wonder how well it works, but I don't think I'm terribly likely to buy it.

But after poking around, I also found their StopShot and RangeIR, both of which look very intriguing (odd that they don't have a kit with two RangeIRs and one StopShot, though.  I'd like to see about getting these for bird photography).  More intriguing, and yet less interesting, due to price, is their insect rig.  I'd really love to play around with one of those, but it's far too expensive for my purposes.

Anyway, if you've got some money, that's some really neat-o stuff.  I'll be keeping an eye on them (and hopefully buying some of their gizmos).

No comments:

Post a Comment