20141119

Fighting off being sick

Wasn't feeling well, last night, and went to bed very early.  I felt a little better, though, when I woke up (I also slept in a little bit), so I decided to go for my normal ride.

It was supposed to be about 27 or 28 degrees when I got out, but it turned out to be more like 22 degrees.  I was glad for the extra pair of socks and the extra set of gloves (I wore liners, a light glove, and a heavy one).

The extra glove worked great for a while, but I'm not sure it didn't end up backfiring.  I was toasty for a while, which was great.  And I had no brake/shifter problems, which was also fantastic.  But I was getting cold towards the end, and I wonder if it was due to my hands sweating, and the sweat getting cold.  Wish I knew.

In any event, I did get ice in the tube of my camelbak, which was annoying.  I think the only way to avoid that is to drink with regularity (to keep flushing the cold water out of the tube).

I did cut the ride rather shorter than I'd planned to do; I still wasn't feeling great.  But I still got in fifteen miles, so not too bad.  There's a strava challenge for climbing, and I'm way behind on that one.  I might do something weird tomorrow or the next day, where I do a small loop with a large hill in it, to try to catch up.  Not sure how well that'll work, but I've been thinking about it.  We just don't have any really large hills around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment