20141110

POTUS stops hemming and hawing...

on net neutrality.  I got a pleasant shock, today, to hear him call for broadband classification until Title II, which would require making internet access about nothing but dumb pipes.  And that's as it should be.  Either that, or going after Comcast, Verizon, AT&T (and maybe RCN and Time-Warner Cable) under anti-trust laws is needed.  I think Title II is the better approach of those two.

So I was very glad to hear him make such a public comment.  I hope it has the desired effect; the change is definitely needed.

Oh, and it was pointed out to me, earlier today, that Ted Cruz tweeted something like "Net Neutrality is Obamacare for the internet.  The internet shouldn't run on government time".  I really wish I knew how effective that tweet is for its intended audience, because it's a completely moronic thing to say.  I guess we can hope that the people for whom it would be effective do not have twitter accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment